Defense contracting, particularly for the Intelligence Community (IC) is a growth industry and small business subcontracting plans play an important role. One reason is the federally mandated set aside requirement for large prime contractors but that is not the whole story.
Equally , if not more, important is the value a qualified small business subcontracting brings as a teammate in winning and performing awarded contracts.
Those IC agencies under the auspices of the DOD (NSA, NGA, DIA) are also subject to DOD small business subcontracting rules.
Large IC Enterprise Contracts Require Effective Teams and small business sub contracting.
Because of their mission, the Intelligence Community tends to develop large Enterprise level collection and analysis systems. There are major efforts that require the integration of software, hardware, and third-party services in a rapidly changing environment.
The entire system must be developed under tried and proven systems engineering concepts and standards capable of integrating legacy systems in the new cloud environment.
Small businesses are often included in a team to supply specific agency experience, certification in the latest engineering processes like SAFe Agile Framework, Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and AWS Cloud requirements, incumbent staff and aggressive hiring that complement the know – how of the prime contractor.
Qualified small businesses are generally added early in the teaming process formation and the small business is expected to participate in the proposal process and supporting the project after award.
Small Business Contracting Has a Role in the Intelligence Community
By their very nature and mission Intelligence agencies have many secrets, and among them is how small firms can do business with them. Seeking work in this arena requires persistence and patience along with a solid business plan and knowledge of these agencies’ needs.
intelligence community experts concur that small businesses have a lot to offer but building a strong relationship with intelligence organizations requires hard work on both sides.
In depth knowledge of agencies’ needs are mandatory, but the community is reluctant to share information for fear of revealing vulnerabilities. Small companies need to identify and cultivate key individuals in each agency to identify solutions for their Information technology needs.
In addition, small business personnel and their facility must have security clearances, but these cannot be obtained without already having a contract for a classified project.
Nevertheless, those small business with a dedicated focused plan to support agency needs can expect to proper and succeed.
Integrated Intel Solutions provides significant value added to customers and teaming partners for small business sub contracting.
Since 2002, Integrated Intel Solutions has supported IC customers and prime contractors with reliable value added for IT projects. Value added includes:
- Mission oriented execution for all projects
- Deep domain knowledge since2002. Management experience dates to 1987
- Stem qualified staff with a high retention level
- Proactive recruiting strategy and execution
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Corporate culture that encourages innovation and rewards success
- Corporate training offerings that results in state-of-the-art service offerings
- An Approach that takes a user-centric approach and advanced engineering to providing actionable intelligence.
- Efficiencies that employ SAFe Agile, Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and iterative development. Project management, planning, analysis, and design are deployed in a way the continuously engages the internal team, subscribers, and operators to reach the solution that best achieves the mission.
- Assurances and tests for custom solutions that balance optimization with operational efficiency. Depending on needs IIS can administer and manage and provide relevant and timely training support.
- Expertise is applied by enabling the most qualified and certified expertise to apply best practices and standards. Special emphasis is placed on our AWS/C2S (cloud) competencies and our experience with Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Machine Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), ICITE engineering and applications.
- Lean Management focus resulting is fair prices and high employee wages.
It all begins with a deep desire to do meaningful work to serve our great nation. If you want to join forces with a team of trusted advisors and solve interesting and exciting challenges, IIS is the company for you.