The Federal Government is actively pursuing small business goals for awards of prime and subcontracts in many Federal agencies. The Department of Defense is also aggressively pursuing small business subcontractors as part of its overall contracting strategy. While this strategy offers great opportunity for small business, only those small business that offer value added subcontracting are successful in the long term.
Subcontracting Scorecard Shows Good Results But There is Room for Improvement
Every year the government issues a Small Business Procurement Scorecard for Government Wide Performance and specifically for the Department of Defense. These scorecards reflect the requirement for each potential prime contractor to prepare a subcontracting plan to qualify for contract award. In addition, the plan must specify and breakout the subcategories of small business participation and total small business subcontracting.
In terms of dollars and percentages, the small business subcontracting plan is substantial, and all agencies are monitored by the Small Business Administration to meet their goals. While many agencies are “A” level rated most agencies need to increase their achievement levels to receive an “A+” score.
Small Business Certification is Not Sufficient – A Value Added Subcontracting Approach is Required.
To be successful however, a small business must join a contracting team led by a prime contractor. In addition, the team must submit a best value competitive bid. Each member of the team must add value to win a contract award.
As a result, the small business subcontractor needs to be an active participant in the proposal and execution of the contract after award. Knowledge of the customer, ability to help shape a quality proposal, experience with the customer in terms of past performance and reputation and the ability to staff quality candidates for services contracts add significant value.
Integrated Intel Solutions provides significant value added to customers and teaming partners for small business value added subcontracting. As a result the PWIN of our teaming partner’s proposals is increased.
Since 2002, Integrated Intel Solutions, as a woman owned small disadvantaged business, has supported Intelligence Community customers and prime contractors with a value added subcontract approach for IT projects. Value added includes:
- Mission oriented execution for all projects. A reputation for delivering high quality on time.
- Deep domain knowledge and reputation since 2002. Management experience dates to 1987.
- Stem qualified staff with a high retention level.
- Proactive recruiting strategy and execution.
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Corporate culture that encourages innovation. rewards success and results in high retention of key staff.
- Corporate training offerings for staff and clients that results in state-of-the-art service offerings.
- Approach that takes a user-centric approach and advanced engineering to providing actionable intelligence.
- Efficiencies that employ SAFe Agile, Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and iterative development. Project management, planning, analysis, and design are deployed in a way the continuously engages the internal team, subscribers, and operators to reach the solution that best achieves the mission.
- Assurances and tests for custom solutions that balance optimization with operational efficiency. Depending on needs IIS can administer and manage and provide relevant and timely training support.
- Expertise is applied by enabling the most qualified and certified expertise to apply best practices and standards. Special emphasis is placed on our AWS/C2S (cloud) competencies and our experience with Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Machine Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), ICITE engineering and applications.
- Lean Management focus resulting in fair prices and high employee wages.
- Experienced Teaming Partner since 2002.
It all begins with a deep desire to do meaningful work to serve our great nation. If you want to join forces with a team of trusted advisors and solve interesting and exciting challenges, IIS is the company for you.