Founded in 2002, Integrated Intel Solutions (IIS) has supplied systems engineering solutions to the National Geospatial – Intelligence Agency (NGA) to meet the mission requirements of the agency. As a qualified small business, IIS developed a mission driven company culture based on providing the most qualified systems engineering talent in support of the agency’s mission goals.
In today’s uncertain world environment, the threat picture is changing rapidly, and the mission solutions requirements must keep pace. Basically, the mission and technology are changing faster than the government hiring and training efforts can respond. In addition, new technologies like the cloud, machine learning and artificial intelligence and methodologies like SAFe agile enterprise systems engineering have emerged.
These changing missions require a constant supply of premium engineering talent that contractors are often called upon to supply. To keep pace, NGA often outsources technical support requirements to contractors. A good example is the outsourcing of SAFe Agile training for NGA employees.
Why Rely on Contractors?
Contractors play an important part in meeting agency mission requirements. Contractors can supply expertise trained in the use of advanced technology with the proper security clearances on an as needed basis. In addition, contractors have the agility to rapidly recruit and train experts with the required advanced training and systems engineering experience to meet agency needs.
But the best contractor is only as good as the culture of the company. Experts believe the best talent comes from those companies that maintain a corporate culture that is mission driven and offers career advancement for existing and future engineering staff. This requires a culture that is aligned with agency mission and is driven to offer the best systems engineering solutions.
Why is a Mission Driven Corporate Culture Important?
Without a strong culture that offers mission driven solutions a contractor is little more than a placement firm that offers “butts in seats” without domain knowledge and experience and a clear understanding of the mission needs of the agency. Additionally, a contractor with mission oriented customer solutions can lean forward for using cloud based tools for new requirements and the migration of legacy systems into the cloud.
IIS’s Mission Driven Culture
Since 2002, IIS has established a mission driven culture that supports agencies like the NGA by emphasizing:
- Value of the individual. Hiring is based upon merit and competence.
- Corporate and individual integrity will not be compromised.
- A value oriented career path for each staff member that includes job upgrades on current contracts and state of the art training.
- Apply emerging technology and systems engineering methodology to meet changing mission requirements.
- Utilize a team building approach that aligns individual strength with existing and emerging requirements. Solicit feedback on how to improve customer and staff satisfaction. Apply expertise in cloud development and legacy systems migration into the cloud.
- Controlling overhead and G&A costs in a way that passes on value for growth of the company.
- Support existing and new staff by investing in training and competitive compensation and benefits.
The importance of a mission driven culture in a contracting company cannot be overestimated because a quality experienced staff is critical for mission success.
It all begins with a deep desire to do meaningful work to serve our great nation. If you want to join forces with a team of trusted advisors and solve interesting and exciting challenges, IIS is the company for you.