The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency is an Intelligence Community agency delivering world-class geospatial intelligence (GEOINT), that offers a decisive mission advantage to warfighters, policymakers, intelligence professionals and first responders.
NGA is leaning Forward to Meet Changing Mission Requirements
NGA is leaning forward to meet rapidly changing mission requirements and this is reflected in the Future State Vision. Achieving this Future State Vision is equally dependent upon the technology and tradecraft of the Analysis Directorate and requires qualified systems engineers to integrate the future collection and analysis strategies into the cloud and legacy systems. To accomplish this NGA needs a robust source of systems engineers with the skills to support new collection tradecraft.
One area of agency emphasis is Structured observation management (SOM). SOM along with activities-based intelligence and other NGA initiatives such as next-generation collection are tied together by the concept of analytic models based on powerful algorithms.
To ensure that these new techniques are optimized systems engineering is required. To complement its employee hiring efforts NGA uses contractor team mate support. Contractor support provides an on-demand source of the latest skilled engineers with the required security clearances. The best contractors are agile and can rapidly respond to changing agency mission requirements.
How to Choose the Best Career and Mission Oriented NGA Contractor
There are many large and small contractors supporting NGA engineering requirements. Those candidates interested in a long-term career with advancement opportunities should consider those contractors with a mission oriented culture based on:
- Value of the individual. Hiring is based upon merit and competence.
- Corporate and individual integrity will not be compromised.
- A value oriented career path for each staff member that includes job upgrades on current contracts and state of the art training.
- Apply emerging technology and systems engineering methodology to meet changing mission requirements.
- Utilize a team building approach that aligns individual strength with existing and emerging requirements. Solicit feedback on how to improve customer and staff satisfaction. Apply expertise in cloud development and legacy systems migration into the cloud.
- Controlling overhead and G&A costs in a way that passes on value for growth of the company.
- Support existing and new staff by investing in training and competitive compensation and benefits.
The importance of a mission driven culture in a contracting company cannot be overestimated because a quality experienced staff is critical for mission success.
Why Integrated Intel Solutions?
It all begins with a deep desire to do meaningful work to serve our great nation. If you want to join forces with a team of trusted advisors and solve interesting and exciting challenges, IIS is the company for you.